Several of our plug-in publisher partners' licenses can now be activated on iLok Cloud, in addition to iLok 2 and 3 keys. See the list here: License activation locations by publisher.
If you work on a computer that is online, here is how to proceed to take advantage of iLok Cloud activation:
1) Sign in to iLok License Manager (ILM):
- The newest version of ILM app is necessary to use iLok Cloud activation.
You can download the installer for your OS directly off of PACE/iLok's website here: iLok License Manager page
- Launch ILM and sign in with the User ID and password of the iLok account in which your licenses are deposited.
2) Open a Cloud Session:
- Click “File” on the menu bar and select “Open Cloud Session” from the Drop Down menu.
A Success page will be displayed to confirm your licenses are now active on iLok Cloud.
All available iLok Cloud licenses will be activated.
3) Launch your DAW:
- After iLok Cloud activation is confirmed, open your DAW. Your plug-ins will be ready to use.
4) Close a Cloud Session:
- Click “File” on the menu bar and select “Close Cloud Session” from the Drop Down menu.
A Success page will be displayed to confirm that all your licenses are now deactivated.
You can now activate them again in an iLok 2 or 3 key or in another Could Session on your machine, or on any other machine connected to the internet on which the newest version of ILM is installed.
- Licenses can not be activated in an iLok key and on iLok Cloud at the same time, unless the plug-in publisher allows dual/multiple activations for their licenses
- If only one activation is allowed and your licenses are activated in an iLok key, they will need to be deactivated before they can be activated in iLok Cloud session.
- Conversely, if your licenses are active in an iLok Cloud session, the session will need to be closed before they can be activated in an iLok key.
- Opening an iLok Cloud session will close a session if one was already open on a different machine.
- Licenses with dual/multiple activations can be activated on an iLok key and on the iLok Cloud at the same time.
The Gobbler Team