Slate Digital licenses can now be activated on iLok Cloud, in addition to iLok 2 and 3 keys.
Here is how to proceed to take advantage of iLok Cloud activation.
1) Install the new plug-ins:
- Close your DAW. This is important as the DAW will need to scan in the new plug-ins after their installation.
- Download the plug-ins installers through the "Installers" page of the Gobbler app or the Gobbler Marketplace website here: Gobbler Marketplace Log-in page or directly off of Slate Digital Website here: Slate Digital Installers page.
- If you downloaded the installers through the Gobbler or Slate Digital website, once they have finished downloading, locate them in your "Downloads" folder and double-click the files to unzip and run the installers.
2) Sign in to iLok License Manager (ILM):
- The newest version of ILM app is necessary to use iLok Cloud activation. It will be installed automatically on your machine when you install the Virtual Mix Rack (VMR).
- If you prefer to install ILM manually, you can download the installer for your OS directly off of PACE/iLok's website here: iLok License Manager page
- Launch ILM and sign in with the User ID and password of the iLok account in which your Slate Digital licenses are deposited.
3) Open a Cloud Session:
- Click “File” on the menu bar and select “Open Cloud Session” from the Drop Down menu.
A Success page will be displayed to confirm your licenses are now active on iLok Cloud. All available iLok Cloud Slate Digital licenses will be activated.
4) Launch your DAW:
- After iLok could activation is confirmed, open your DAW. Your plug-ins will be ready to use.
5) Close a Cloud Session:
- Click “File” on the menu bar and select “Close Cloud Session” from the Drop Down menu.
A Success page will be displayed to confirm that all your licenses are now deactivated.
You can now activate them again on an iLok 2 or 3 key or in another Could Session on your machine, or on any other machine connected to the internet on which the newest version of ILM is installed.
- Licenses can not be activated in an iLok key and on iLok Cloud at the same time.
- If your licenses are activated in an iLok key, they will need to be deactivated before they can be activated in iLok Cloud session.
- Conversely, if your licenses are active in an iLok Cloud session, the session will need to be closed before they can be activated in an iLok key.
- Opening an iLok Cloud session will close a session if one was already open on a different machine.
- Licenses with dual/multiple activations can be activated on an iLok key and on the iLok Cloud at the same time.
- Only licenses for the "All Access Pass" are iLok Cloud compatible. Perpetual licenses can not be activated on iLok Cloud.
The Gobbler Team